There is a school uniform which is worn throughout the school. All children at Kestrel Mead are expected to wear the school uniform. School uniform, including book bags, can be purchased from My Clothing and will be delivered to your home. School uniform is an important part of a child’s school life as it:
• Gives the children a sense of belonging and being part of the school
• The risk of bullying regarding a pupils clothing is significantly reduced
• When attending school outings, children can easily be identified as belonging to Kestrel Mead
• It prepares children for secondary school
• Book bags support children’s reading progress and links with home/school
- White shirt/blouse/polo shirt
- Grey or Black trousers/shorts (Black jeans are not acceptable)
- Black or Grey skirts or Red and White check dresses
- Red sweatshirt/cardigan – ideally with Kestrel Mead Logo (not black or grey) and not hooded
- Black school shoes
- Book bag
Due to limited space within the cloakroom areas we ask that children refrain from bringing in large rucksacks. Instead we highly encourage foldable bags which can be stored in the children’s lockers.
No jewellery should be worn at school except for a medic-alert tags, a simple watch and/or stud earrings. No jewellery should be worn during P.E. or swimming lessons, except for a medic-alert tags.
We request that your child has a waterproof coat with them in school on any day when it may be required.
- Black shorts, leggings or jogging bottoms
- White t-shirt
- Please keep P.E. kit within school in the smallest bag possible
All Year 4 children go swimming on a Monday afternoon. Appropriate swimwear must be worn. Kit must include a towel and a bag. Jewellery must removed prior to swimming lessons. Children may wear goggles, but a permission letter must have been received prior to the lesson.