Why do we have an Academy Uniform?
There is a school uniform which is worn throughout the school. All children at Kestrel Mead are expected to wear the school uniform. School uniform, including book bags, can be purchased from myclothing.com and will be delivered to your home. School uniform is an important part of a child’s school life as it:
• Gives the children a sense of belonging and being part of the school
• The risk of bullying regarding a pupils clothing is significantly reduced
• When attending school outings, children can easily be identified as belonging to Kestrel Mead
• It prepares children for secondary school
• Book bags support children’s reading progress and links with home/school
Please see the document below for a visual and description of the uniform expectations at Kestrel Mead.